(Cross-posted from the Typeflow blog.)
I like short stories, but ebook work isn’t worth my time unless I’m making a few hundred bucks. Unfortunately, that’s too expensive for most authors who just want to get a short story online.
So here’s an experiment:
$65 gets you a professionally produced ebook of your short story, but you have to wait until 10 people sign up, at which time I’ll do them all at once. This makes the labor worthwhile for me—and the low cost will help make your story profitable for you.
HOW IT WORKS
- 10 stories are signed up (see below) by the end of this week: Saturday, March 24
- All 10 will be invoiced on March 24, via PayPal, to be paid immediately.
- Stories will be delivered in ebook format, ready for Amazon, iBooks, Nook, etc. on March 31.
This could be perfect if you:
- Have a short story up to 10,000 words all proofed and finished in Word format
- Want to get it on Amazon, Nook, iBooks, etc. without spending a ton of money
- EITHER already have a cover, OR think a nicely typeset title/author graphic is enough for a short story
- Can wait until 9 other people want the same thing
- Professional typesetting (all the niceties: em-dashes, typographers’ quotes, first-paragraph run-ins, section bugs and end bugs, etc.)
- Title and author typeset nicely for use as the cover image
- An “About the Author” page with your bio and picture
- Insertion of a cover image, if you already have one (cover design is not included). Title and author name typeset nicely for use as a cover image if you don’t.
- Two file formats: .mobi (for use at Amazon) and .epub (for the rest of the world)
It doesn’t include:
- Full cover design
- Proofing or copyediting changes—this all has to be complete in your Word file
- Discounts for multiple stories or shorter stories
HOW TO SIGN UP
Send the following to keith at typeflownyc dot com
- Your finished, proofed, copyedited, perfect Word file, up to 10,000 words
- Your author photo (if any)
- Your author bio (if any)
- The email address you use for PayPal, so I can invoice you (if there are 10 signups) on March 24.
- Pay the invoice by Sunday, March 25.
Stories will be delivered via email on March 31.